Friday, September 14, 2012

Sprinkles and Surprises!!

In my family we have a birthday tradition, as we've gotten older it's gotten a little harder to maintain, but when we were younger we would always get breakfast in bed for our birthdays. I always looked forward to having my family come in to my room, serve me a yummy breakfast in bed , and sing happy birthday. Seriously, what is better than being served a home-cooked breakfast in bed? I can't think of too many things, can you? Mmm mmm.... bacon, eggs, panakes, muffins, and coffee...soooo yummy!

Well, to carry on this birthday tradition, i'm going to make a special birthday breakfast for my sister. Monday, my sister will be turning the big 30!!!!!! So to celebrate her special day i'm going to make something yummy.....well, a few yummy things!!! Everyone who knows my sister knows that she LOVES cupcakes....I mean really LOVES cupcakes. So instead of our typical "breakfast  in bed" ,she will be getting dessert in bed!!!!! I think thats a fabulous way to start your birthday.

                  fun-fetti cupcake. I think these will be perfect for a birthday celebration!!!
funfetti-cupcake1[1]
 
Then I found this recipe I might have to try!!!
 
 
do2
 
What?!!!! Red Velvet Pancakes?!!!!! Gotta try these too!!!!
 
heart

Looks like i'm going to be busy baking Monday morning and taste testing!!!! =)
 

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet of you to fix breakfast for your sister! I can't wait to hear how these recipes turn out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those desserts look fabulous! I hope your sister likes her birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tradition your family has for birthdays! I may start that with my family some day. I love desserts, so I would be completely satisfied with birthday dessert in bed!

    ReplyDelete