Friday, September 21, 2012

All Fired Up

I love to lose myself in something creative and get lost in the moment. You know that feeling where you are solely focused on the thing you are working on. It's when everything else takes a backseat while you are experiencing this therapeutic experience of making something creative. I am the happiest when I am doing something creative  because for me it brings fulfillment.

I've gone several times to this place called,All Fired Up.  I love this place!!! It's this neat pottery place in Decatur, Ga. The vibe is very urban and chill. I find myself channeling my inner creativity while listening to some jams,  enjoying a beverage of choice from a local coffee shop right around the corner, and painting some unique pottery.

You first pick out the piece of pottery you wish to paint. Then, you select all of the paints you wish to use. They also have stencils, and other helpful utensils that help in making your work of art. Everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE coffee and zebra print patterns. So what did I do? I combined the two and made a zebra print coffee cup.
photo.JPG
photo.JPG





3 comments:

  1. Cute! There's a place like this where I'm from, called Art By U and I love it! It's super fun. I'm not very artistic so usually mine aren't too pretty, but the concept and painting itself is definitely relaxing and enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fun!! I love coffee too, so next time I want to make a cool mug with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do a very similar thing in high school. Every Monday I would go to a place called "Carrons." Here, I painted pots and mugs that I could use in my house or give away as a present.

    ReplyDelete