Thursday, September 20, 2012

Learning and Leading~ Creativity

*The four dimensions that J.P. Guilford uses to describe creativity are:

~fluency,  the ability to generate lots of ideas
~flexibility,  the ability to look at a question or a topic from a different angle
~originality, the quality that generates unique or unusual products  ~elaboration, a way of adding details, filling in the gaps, embellishing, and completing a creative idea.

* I probably struggle the most with flexibility. I often have trouble looking at things from a different angle and point of view. This is really evident in my studies. For example, when it comes to studying for a math test I just want to know  the easiest way to calculate the problem. I don't want to know the 3 other ways to figure out the answer.I really like structure and do better following a schedule, so being flexible in my daily life can deffinitely use some tweaking.

*I really like the tool wallwisher, this tool would be great for the dimension of flexibility. In response to to something the teacher has presented in wallwisher, the students simply post notes responding to  different ideas,views on topics, and ways to solve problems. It's a great tool to help students think outside of the box and brainstorm different ideas. Wallwisher could also be used for the dimension of elaboration. This could be helpful in letting students review what they have posted previously on the wall and build on their ideas.

* Scrapblog is a fantastic multimedia scrapbook that features photos, videos, audio, and many other creative elements. I deffinitely will use this tool when I am teaching my FACS classes. What a great way to publish pictures of the yummy recipes that we will be cooking!!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Flexibility is what I have the most trouble with too! I have trouble trying to look at things from a different angle. Ditto on the math problem thing... that was one of my least favorite things about high school math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to check out scrapblog. I'm always looking for ways to be able to share what is going with my life to share with my family in Florida.

    ReplyDelete